Friday, May 1, 2015

Luke's Quiet Book pt. 1

I stared making this quiet book for my son Luke last summer. It took me a several mints to finish, there were many nights I stayed up in to the early morning working on it, determined to finish this or that before going to sleep. (It is really hard to sew with a toddler running around!) It's made almost entirely of felt, save for the flannel cover and clear vinyl on some pages. All the pages were sewn my hand, then I used my machine to sew the pages together and to make the cover. I got a lot of inspriation from looking at other quiet books I could find online. I found the blog Imagine Our Life particularly helpful with all her tutorials and patterns. Quite a few of my pages were inspired by her designs. I really enjoyed this project. I was kinda sad when I finished it, I think I will make another one soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment